Re: device problem

Hi,
Thanks for the reference to udev. I have managed to
get hold of a  web doc titled "Writing udev rules" and
started grappling with writing rules. The first wall I
encounter is that the default rule file mentioned in
the doc is not even in my dirs. Is there a write-up
more suitable for Debian?

No doubt udev provides a more flexible way of managing
devices but having to use it in command-line mode is
very not user-friendly. Is there a GUI front for it?

Ken