jEdit

Hi again,

I'm wondering if there is any awareness in the Debian community of the jEdit
editor?  I writing a plugin for jEdit that enables people, some of whom are
non-technical, to create and maintain websites and would like to get a sense
of how wide-spread jEdit usage/awareness is among Debian users.  (The app is
not dependent on jEdit and runs from the command line in any Java 1.4+
environment.)

Since jEdit is a Java app, I'd also like to gather some information about the
acceptance/usage of Java 1.5 (aka 5.0) within the Debian community since that
is the OS that I'm using and would like to recommend.  I'd love to require my
users to have Java 5 installed but only if there is some positive acceptance
of Java 5 generally.

Andy