Networked sound

Hi,

I am very eager to establish some sort of networked sound. By that I refer to
having my sound applications output on a different host on the LAN.
Before I start hacking away at it, I would like to know if some of you have
made it work. Any easy entry-points?

I am already using arts on the relevant hosts, so configuring output through
that would be nice. I have STFW'ed multiple times and found nothing directly
useful.

Any ideas and pointers to information will be appreciated.
Anders Breindahl/skrewz.