Re: totem not running

Brice Méalier on 07/07/05 16:06, wrote:
On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 10:22:14AM +0100, Adam Hardy wrote :

I have run totem for six months without a hitch.

Yesterday I had a problem with gnome-panel and had to delete my complete gnome configuration by removing the directories .gnome, .gconf, .nautilus, .metacity. This cured my windows manager problem.

However now totem will not run. I tried to launch a .wmv file and

I think you have to reinstall the package of the win32codecs or to
reconfigure it (take it from the marillat archive). This one install
some links to the codec in your .gnome* directory (I don't remember this
one).

This was exactly the problem. I reinstalled w32codecs and totem has come back to life.

Thanks v. much

Adam