Re: irq 11: nobody cared!

Joan,

I would suggest you to try a different kernel. I also experienced problems in the past related with the usb driver, and the same or similar problem to the one you report. At the time I was trying to use a 2.4 kernel and a 2.6 kernel solved the problem, but since you are using a 2.6 kernel it may be just from some configuration option.

Hope this helps,
Antonio

Joan Tur wrote:
Hallo!

The above line appears in dmesg (followed by "[<b013b12a>] __report_bad_irq+0x2a/0xa0" & similar lines), and everything connected to the 2 affected usb ports doesn't work fine (*).

For instance an usb mouse hasn't got an smooth movement.

It's a Benq JB7000 laptop, and I'm using kubuntu 5.04 & 2.6.12-cko1 kernel.

Any idea on where to look for?  Right now I have no idea  8-?

TIA  ;)

(*) from /proc/interrupts:
"11:     100000          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd:usb2, uhci_hcd:usb3"

--
António Rafael C. Paiva

Graduate student
Computational NeuroEngineering Laboratory
Electrical & Computer Engineering Department
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611
WWW: arpaiva.webhop.net