Re: Install Perl modules the Debian way

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:

> What is the Debian way to install Perl modules?
> I need to have several modules on my Testing box and then wondered if it
> would be better to use cpan installer or any kind of Debian way to do it.
> If I have the choice I'd rather follow the Debian way... Is there any?

The first thing to do is to see if there's a package for the module you want
-- it's amazing how many CPAN modules are already Debian-packaged.

For example, I needed to install Net::Netmask recently and just did the
normal thing.

$ apt-cache search net::netmask
libnet-netmask-perl - parse, manipulate and lookup IP network blocks

# apt-get update
# apt-get install libnet-netmask-perl