Re: recompile kernel by using debian's source code

Hi Cao,
  you can do, as root,

$ apt-cache search kernel-source

and choose the kernel that matches your kernel-image. Then

$ apt-get install kernel-source-xxx

to download the one you need.

Khanh Cao Van wrote:

Because while booting up my PC with debian 3.1 , I could see that many
driver that did not match with mine was loading and I would like to
recompile kernel to chose the driver of my PC .

But I think debian is very famous with stable and sercure ablility ,
and maybe the kernel source code of release version will be exploy
very carefully . Is it true ?

If that was , I would like to get the kernel source code of the
release version ( 3.1 and the kernel is 2.6 ) to rebuild . Any suggest
for where to get it ?

Cao Van Khanh