Re: Cellular Data Service

Hans du Plooy wrote:
On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 00:27 -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:

GSM acts like a regular old modem to pcmcia, and you feed it odd dialing strings that I found documented online.

Would you mind posting those to the list?

Thanks!

No problem, but I found them through Google, and the work was definitely not my own, so I'll give credit where it's due and just post the person's website I ultimately ended up basing my scripts on for T-Mobile. Each cellular carrier will be different.

http://www.crispian.org/gc79/

Nate

p.s. I've also noticed that many online forums that discuss the use of cell phones with built in modems for data services also have the dialing strings for a number of carriers... people using things like bluetooth-enabled cell phones that have the modems built in, and then a cable to their laptop computers or bluetooth connections. Search for that sort of thing if your not on T-Mobile, as there will probably be a website or two more out there that have the dialing information for one of those phones (even the Windows people need the info to adequately use that type of link).