Evolution browser

Hi all
I'm wondering how I can set evolution to open firefox. at the moment it
opens a shell, executes wget, then opens the result in vim. It wasn't
that long ago that it was using epiphany, though I don't know what
triggered the change.

incidentally /etc/alternatives/x-www-browser points to firefox,
executing 'sensible-browser' gnome-terminal opens firefox. The gnome
'preferred' browser is set to 'debian sensible browser' though changing
it to firefox doesn't change the situation.

any suggestions?
thanks
Glenn