Re: display resolution

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 12:03:09PM -0700, petereasthope@canada.com wrote:

> The man page lists only a few parameters for the
> .videogen configuration file.  All others are only
> command line parameters.  That is a little awkward.

My .vodeogen configuration file is:
mode 800x600                    # process several modes at a time
nvidia=off
max_dotclk=65
max_hfreq=54; max_vfreq=120    # more parameters per line possible
desired_vfreq=85

I red the Maximum dot rate (max_dotclk) value forth manual of the
Philips 104B monitor: 65 MHz.

> I am not sure of the oscillator frequency.  There
> is a metal device on the card, engraved with the
> number 14.318.  That is the oscillator at 14.318 MHz?
>
> No guesses at the vertical and horizontal frequencies.
> Without the scan frequencies, videogen probably can
> not work.

You should try to find these values on the Internet, say eg. for my
monitor I wrote the following in the Google:
Philips 104B monitor technical specs. This provide to me some of the
wanted informations. :-(

Or try the http://www.monitorworld.com site.

--
Regards,