Now you see it, now you don't--the tale of the disappearing mouse...

I first began using Linux in January 2005 by installing Debian "sarge." I was a very happy user until I upgraded my system on 4 June, just a couple of days before 3.1 was released.

Since then I have had one major problem: I can't *see* the mouse at all when I use "rdesktop." When I move the mouse on *my* desktop, it disappears when it touches the edge of the "rdesktop" window and then magically re-appears when it leaves the window on the opposite side. I have seen the same mouse behaviour in exactly one other package on my system: gwenview. Otherwise, the mouse seems to work correctly.

I don't know what is causing problem. In an extreme attempt to solve the problem, I backed up all of my data and re-installed Debian 3.1r0 from a new CD image. Sadly, the problem remains.