Re: Sun JRE, JSDK and J2EE on debian

Hi there;

prabusubroto@arcor.de schrieb:

>I am trying to have JRE and SDK on my debian because my boss push me to use Sun Java. I downloaded the JRE, converted it to deb package with alien like this:
> alien -d -i ./j2re-1_4_2_08-linux-i586.rpm
>
>it succeeded.
>
>But once I installed it, I have a ridiculous thing. lookslike the java home directory and java class path have not been defined.
>
>So how should I install my Sun JRE? Should I just define the path of java home directory and java class (lib) path? But how should I do that?

Probably you should edit the configuration file of your favorite shell
to set variables like JAVA_HOME, CLASSPATH and possibly PATH according
to your installation to ensure the jre environment is found. If you're
using bash, try putting something like this into your $HOME/.bashrc :

export JAVA_HOME=/path/to/your/jre
export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin

As for the CLASSPATH, I think you don't have to set this manually with
current JRE packages anymore unless including additional classes (JDBC
drivers, java-mail and the like).

Cheers,
Kris

--
Kristian Rink 	-- Programmierung/Systembetreuung
planConnect GmbH * Strehlener Str. 12 - 14 * 01069 Dresden