Sun JRE, JSDK and J2EE on debian

Dear my friends...

I am trying to have JRE and SDK on my debian because my boss push me to use Sun Java. I downloaded the JRE, converted it to deb package with alien like this:
 alien -d -i ./j2re-1_4_2_08-linux-i586.rpm

it succeeded.

But once I installed it, I have a ridiculous thing. lookslike the java home directory and java class path have not been defined.

So how should I install my Sun JRE? Should I just define the path of java home directory and java class (lib) path? But how should I do that?

Thank you very much.

ps. I am a new comer in debian. Usually I use SuSE.

Machen Sie aus 14 Cent spielend bis zu 100 Euro!
Die neue Gaming-Area von Arcor - über 50 Onlinespiele im Angebot.
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-gaming-1