Re: webmin will not update

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Maurice O'Regan wrote:

The version of Webmin which downloaded by default on a complete new
denian 3.1, actuall had little or no functionality, like the older ver
.94 had, after a fresh install. ie no Server Tab , in fact almost
nothing useful.
As soon as .94 was updated from within itself, then it had 'everything'

The ver 1.180 as downloaded seems to have little or no functionality, or
perhaps I am missing something by way of configuration ??

Ah now I understand the problem. The upstream webmin tarball is split up into many smaller Debian packages, usually one module per package. The package "webmin" just contains the basic webmin functionality. If you use a package manager like aptitude and search for webmin you'll see lots of packages like webmin-mysql, webmin-postfix, webmin-ldap-useradmin etc. Just install the ones you need.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>