Re: cupsd - Allow from LAN not working

This'll probably tend towards the obvious side, but make sure that you've got your LAN's IP range listed in both the
<Location /> and <Location /admin>
sections. Can the workstations submit print jobs and just not access the admin stuff, or are they totally CUPS-disabled? John Clive Menzies writes:
Hi
I have two servers running cupsd (sarge) and can administer their
printers, locally, as member of the group lpadmin.
For convenience I want to be able to administer both printers from
anywhere on the network.  Historically, I've used ssh/lynx but for
users, I would like to allow them access via http://server:631 I've edited the cupsd.conf file as follows:
## Restrict access to local domain
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
Allow From 192.168.1.*
as per man cupsd.conf but I get:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access the resource on this server.
I've also tried 192.168.1.0 192.168.1.0/24 without success; I have
restarted cupsys after each edit.
Has anyone got this working or should I report a bug? .... of course I
may have missed something blindingly obvious ;) Regards Clive
--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...
...strategies for business