Re: Getting rid of "holds" on packages

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 12:56:06PM +0200, Lech Karol Paw?aszek wrote:
> echo $package $state | dpkg --set-selections
>
> where $package is a package name
> and $state is a new state for a package (like 'hold', 'install', 'purge')

Then it is still handy to know which packages are on hold at the
moment.  I don't seem to have any of those now, so I can't test it
easily, but the following should give a list of packages that are not
in the install state:

dpkg --get-selections | grep -v install

Public GnuPG key:  http://maurits.vanrees.org/var/gpgkey.asc
"It can seem like you're doing just fine,
but the creep's creeping into your mind." - Neal Morse