Re: xmms skips all files

On 2005-06-28, Carl Fink wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 10:08:54AM -0300, Francisco Borges wrote:
>
>> I would have given up on xmms by now if there was anything actually
>> usefull to replace it...
>
> What's the advantage of xmms over gmplayer, vlc, gxine, and/or totem?  I
> hate it -- it uses a nonstandard interface requiring incredibly finicky
> mouse control to hit tiny, meaningless graphical buttons.

   One of the nice things about xmms is that it can be controlled from
   the command line or a script, or button in a file manager. The
   xmmsctrl command adds more control that the basic xmms.

--
    Chris F.A. Johnson                     <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>
    Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach, 2005, Apress