Re: [Re-asking] Group limitation of 32 in Sarge with kernel 2.6

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 28.06.2005, 11:05 +0300 schrieb Pekka Laukkanen:
> Some time ago I asked about the limitation that one person (actually a
> process) can be member of only 32 groups. The problem was originally in
> the kernel but ought to be solved with the 2.6 release. The problem

The max. numer of groups is hardcoded in the kernel.

From the debian-german mailinglist:

$ grep GROUPS /usr/include/linux/limits.h
#define NGROUPS_MAX   32    /* supplemental group IDs are available */

The author said the problem is solved since kernel 2.6.3:

$ grep GROUPS /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.8/include/linux/limits.h
#define NGROUPS_MAX  65536 /* supplemental group IDs are available */

Bye,
Ratti

--
 -o) fontlinge | Fontmanagement for Linux | Schriftenverwaltung in Linux
 /\\ http://freshmeat.net/projects/fontlinge/