Re: [Re-asking] Group limitation of 32 in Sarge with kernel 2.6

Rogério Brito wrote:
Would enabling POSIX ACL's help you here? Just enable it when mounting the
intended filesystems and install the packages acl and attr. Using the
commands getfacl and setfacl is essentially like using chmod and chown/chgrp.

Thanks for a tip. ACL's look promising and if we do not find other solution we'll probably try them out. Since the regular umode access control is otherwise adequate for us we would not like to take any new technologuy into use, though.

Cheers,
	.peke
--
Qentinel Oy, Pekka Laukkanen