packet libmyodbc broken in SID?

Hi,

a few days before packet odbcinst1 has been replaced by odbcinst1debian1.
In this process 'apt-get dist-upgrade' removed the packet libmyodbc. Of
course, my apps using MySQL via ODBC do not work any more.

Trying to 'apt-get install libmyodbc' results in:
... file bug report ...
  libmyodbc: Depends: odbcinst1 but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

Before I file a bug report, I ask here for more information.
Does anyone knows a work-around or how to solve the situation?
Forcing the installation of libmyodbc does not really help. The MySQL server
drops the connection (no real error message).

It is a SID (unstable) system. All packets are at the latest version
(unstable). Just the MySQL server is a very old one sitting on a SCO 5.0.4
System. But that should not matter, since libmyodbc did not update and worked
fine before updating to odbcinst1debian1.

Thanks in advance, Tim