Re: a question about apt_preferences,

On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 03:47:16PM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:

I am attempting to set up apt_preferences to pin priorities on
the basis of the name of a release rather than on the basis of
(stable|testing|unstable). I tried a line :

Pin: release a=etch

I filed a bug report against apt for this recently (although the mechanism I was using was slightly different), and the maintainer basically said "Yeah, and the problem is...?"

So, your choices are to:

1. File it as a bug report. Maybe if enough people complain, it will cease to be a "feature."

2. Avoid using the codenames, which of course may cause problems or require manual intervention whenever testing goes stable.

Either way, good luck!

--
Re-Interpreting Historic Miracles with SED #141: %s/water/wine/g