Re: more info

Dylan Evans wrote:

> and for kent's help:
> the when I entered the lines as you told them to me
> (
> #apt-get install aptitude
> #aptitude install x-window-system kde gnome icewm wmaker fluxbox
> /*because I have a lot of free space*/
> #/etc/init.d/kdm start
> )
> nothing happened, nor when I substituted a 'g', a 'w', or 'x'

When you say "nothing happened", do you mean "nothing"?! As in "the
entire universe ceased to exist"? Or perhaps you meant that "letters did
not appear on the screen"? Or perhaps you meant that "nothing except a
couple of dozen error messages appeared"? Or perhaps, "the screen
flickered, then went back to the text mode"? Or maybe, "the cursor
dropped a couple of lines and redisplayed a new prompt, but other than
that, no activity seemed to occur?"
What do you mean by "nothing"?

--
Kent