Re: Woody-> Sarge. System won't reboot cleanly

Quoting Robert S <robert.spam.me.senseless@gmail.com>:

I recently upgraded my system to Sarge, and upgraded my kernel.  I have a
rather antiquated AMD K6 running on a K6BV3+/66 mobo (AT form factor).

If I issue the "reboot" command, everything shuts down, until "rebooting"
appears, but then nothing happens.  I need to do a hard reboot to restart my
machine.  This could obviously cause problems because it runs as an
unattended server.

Any suggestions?

A few details . .

# uname -rmo
2.6.8-2-386 i586 GNU/Linux

I'm not sure you want to be running the 386 kernel.
Try installing one the amd kernels, perhaps the 2.6.8-2-k7 kernel-image.

You could also try resetting your bios back to defaults.

hth,
Cheers,
Mike