Re: alsaconf cannot find my es1371

Hello

Joe Mc Cool (<joe@benburb.demon.co.uk>) wrote:
> Andreas Janssen wrote:
>>Joe Mc Cool (<joe@benburb.demon.co.uk>) wrote:
>>
>>>sarge, 2.2.20 kernel
>>
>>If you still use the Woody installation kernel, you should upgrade to
>>kernel 2.4.27 or 2.6.8.
>>

> OK, I have tried this several times and can't get past this booting
> error (kernel-image-2.4-686):
>
> VFS: cannot open root device "803" or 08:03
> Please append a corret "root=" boot option.
>
> Stuck.  Where do I do the appending ?  In lilo.conf I already have
> root=/dev/sda3

You need to tell lilo to use the initrd that comes with the kernel image
(as you are told during installation of the kernel). If the new kernel
is symlinkes to /vmlinuz, add a line

initrd=/initrd.img

to the Linux section of your lilo.conf and run lilo. Or switch to grub.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976