Re: Howto find and remove unused libraries?

On Sunday 26 of June 2005 13:47, fraz wrote:
> How can I find libraries etc that were installed as dependencies, but
> which currently have no "dependants" installed? IE the package that
> caused apt to install them isn't installed anymore.
>
> I've been apt-getting and removing packages on my system for the last 4
> years. And I suspect there is a lot of unused crud. For future reference
> is there a better way to remove packages so the unused dependencies are
> also removed? Is "dpkg -P" equivalent to "apt-get remove"?

yup. check package named deborphan out. then - use ncurses based orphaner
(with options --guess-all --purge i.e) binary.

And... well... hm... let say "dpkg -P" is equivalent to "apt-get remove".

regards,

--
Lech Karol Pawłaszek <ike>
"You will never see me fall from grace..." [KoRn]