Re: [Fwd: Re: VFS: Cannot open root device 2141 ... Kernelpanic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unk-blk(33,65)]

---------------		stuff deleted)-------

--------------(stuff deleted)------------

> >> Edward M dunagin
> >> 714 sanders ave
> >> Bozeman, MN 59718
> >> 406.555-7282
> >>
> >> __________________________________ Yahoo! Mail Mobile Take Yahoo!
> >> Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone.
> >> http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
> >

> >         (stuff deleted)
> > line 'initrd=/initrd.img' after the read-only line in the Linux label
> > stanza.  Now the 2.6 kernel (you guessed or read correctly) boots.  It
> > appears to be a little fussier than the bf2.4 kernel which still works
> > fine.  I kept it under the LinuxOld label where the package put it in
> > lilo.conf.
> >
> >     After I fixed the lilo.conf with the initrd=/initrd.img, I got the
> > 2.6.8 kernel to run but ran into what appeared to be Bug #276020 filed
> > against that kernel so I went to unstable and got the 2.6.11 kernel.
> > It seems to manifest the same bug with wvdial.  I now have package ii
> > kernel-image-2 2.6.11-7       Linux kernel image for version 2.6.11 on
> > PPr
> >
> > from unstable on a sarge upgraded from woody.  I managed to use pon
> > somehow to connect to the Internet, but it seems to cut on and off
> > periodically.
> >
> >     Is there a better workaround?
> >

> Hey Gayle, exactly what is your wvdial problem?  With my wvdial 1.54 I
> can use it as root with no problem but can't
> change owner to user and I have user added to dialout, dip and every
> other related group.

  Is that your problem or something else.  BTW,

--------------(stuff deleted)-------------------

	I used sudo wvdial under 2.4.18-bf2.4 from woody for the longest
time.  If you check Bug #276020 filed against the 2.6.8 kernel on
debian.org, I appear to have the same problem.  The darn thing just won't
stay connected!  Under the 2.6.11 686 7 kernel from unstable, I got
intermittent connection under pon, the connection would hold long enough
to be usuable but would periodically drop and have to reconnect.  I'm not
sure that is a solution.  I read your thread with perhaps a similar
problem when I googled for it.  I probably have it in my email in the
digest but am behind on my reading the digests.  Even the digests for
Debian User are high Volume!