Re: possible solution for eth0 eth1 mixup on boot

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 12:51:06PM -0400, H. S. wrote:
> Apparently, _Chris Bannister_, on 23/06/05 12:30,typed:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Try setting Plug-n-Play to NO/OFF/FALSE in bios
> >
> > HTH
> >

> There are around 3 method to do so (learned while googling for the
> problem, maybe somewhere metioned them on this list too, not sure). I
> chose an easier one. I just mention the modules of the two NICs in
> /etc/modules in the order I want the cards to be numbered. So module for
> eth0 goes first and for eth1 goes next. The only problem is that this
> method will not work if a NIC card is replaced with another one which
> may need a different module.
>
> ->HS

PnP should be off in the bios. It apparently upsets the order in which
they are 'found/initialised'. If that doesn't help, *then* I'd start
looking at other solutions.

Eg. Re: DHCP problem where ip address is assigned to wrong NIC on reboot
by Derrick Hudson on Tue, 21 Jun 2005.

--
Chris.
======