Re: Sarge in vmware == 0.000 MHz

John Kelly wrote:
Have you seen ftp://ftp.cvut.cz/vmware/readme.txt which says:

Work around problem when cpu MHz is reported as '0.000 MHz'

Looks like Petr's update 91 has a fix to work around the problem.

Yes, but that's meant to vmware running on a Linux host (patch to the kernel modules).

In the end, I may just use sarge with the 2.4.27 kernel. At least that doesn't have any of those problems (100Hz jiffies -> no clock drift issue -> no fix necessary -> no cpuinfo madness).

And it isn't that important anyway... (but it could be useful soon, as I'm preparing to throw a Debian installation into a VMWare GSX production box we have, replacing a SuSE server).

Carlos Rodrigues