Sarge in vmware == 0.000 MHz

Hi!

I have Sarge installed in VMware (Workstation 5, Windows XP as host).

I changed "/boot/grub/menu.lst" so that "noapic nolapic clock=pit" is passed to the kernel on boot. This solves the problem with the clock running too slow (well, mostly anyway).

But... this "fix" causes some weird output in /proc/cpuinfo, like "cpu MHz: 0.000" and some rather low values for "bogomips".

The host's CPU is an AMD Athlon 2400+, if that makes any difference.

My question is: is anybody else seeing this behavior?

Carlos Rodrigues