To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: Logcheck error: Failed to get lockfile: /var/lock/logcheck/logcheck.lock

Michal Sedlak wrote:

 I have problem with logcheck
logchceck sends me this error message:

Failed to get lockfile: /var/lock/logcheck/logcheck.lock

I do not have any idea why it can be. Can anybody help please?

I've used logcheck for a while and never seen this error, but with some
other software I've found that it an hourly cron job is still running an
hour later.  Try
$ ps aux|grep logcheck
and see if anything comes up.