Re: CNN video with Sarge & Firefox???

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:38:30 +0200
Jonathan Kaye <jonathan.kaye@univie.ac.at> wrote:

> En/La Martin D. Weinberg ha escrit, a 21/06/05 21:37:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm running sarge and have:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ sarge main
> >
> > with mplayer and plugger installed.  When I launch the cnn video window,
> > mplayer doesn't run.  plugger does launch the process, e.g. from ps:
> >
> >  plugger-5.1.3 24832,1,41,52428840,0,0,468,297 mplayer -quiet -cache 8192 -vop pp -autoq 99 -nojoystick -nofs -zoom -osdlevel 1 -xy $xsize -wid $hexwindow "$url" >/dev/null 2>/dev/null </dev/null
> >
> > I probably have something misconfigured, but don't know what.  However,
> > mplayer does work properly on the test movies at the "plugger testing ground" site.
> >
> > Any ideas?  If this works for you folks, then I'm stumped.
> >
> Hi Martin,
> Can you  verify that you have the following files in your
> ~/.mozilla/plugins folder?
> mplayerplug-in.so
> mplayerplug-in.xpt
> Cheers,
> Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Nope.

I *had* been using the Plugger plug-in (fredrik.hubbe.net/plugger.html).
Based on your question,  I tried the mplayer plugin from sourceforge and
now everything works fine. In addition, the mplayer plugin seems to
coexist with plugger (for managing other utilities).

Thanks for that tip!

Also, FYI, I did build mplayer from the source following the url on your
earlier post.  That went smoothly but didn't fix the problem.  The newly
build mplayer plug in works with both the new build and the unoffocial
debian packages from nerim.net.

--Martin