Re: OpenOffice and accented vowels

En/La Saverio Trioni ha escrit, a 21/06/05 09:29:
> Hi. I have a strange problem, I am using a spanish keyboard, and the
> accented "composing" vowels do not work in OpenOffice (Sid 2.6.11/ GNOME
> 2.10/OO 1.1.4). Everywhere else they work, being it in the  gnome
> environment, in a xterm, in the text console, and in gnumeric  and abiword.
>
> Does anyone know how to get with the problem?
>
> Thank you very much.

http://documentation.openoffice.org/HOW_TO/various_topics/Howto_special_char.pdf
This is the relevant section of my XF86Config-4 file.
Notice the option "nodeadkeys" is commented out.
Section "InputDevice"

    Identifier	"Keyboard1"
    Driver	"Keyboard"
    Option "AutoRepeat" "500 30"
#    Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
    Option "XkbRules"	"xfree86"
    Option "XkbModel"	"pc105"
    Option "XkbLayout"	"gb"

EndSection

My default kb is en_gb but I also use es_ca which has deadkeys. They all
work fine with Openoffice. I just have to switch keyboards from GB to CA
(kde provides a handy toolbar icon to do this).
Cheers,
Jonathan