Re: secure apache in debian

Michael Martinell wrote:

What is the best way to secure an entire site in apache? I have 3.1 r0 and
have installed the apache package. Basically I want 1 user to be able to
access any directory or folder that exists now or will ever exist in the
future in the /var/www path.

You'll have to be a bit more specific. When I read 'secure' I think, 'secure transmission' and you mean setting up HTTPS. However, it sounds like what you're really after is realm-based HTTP authentication.