Re: Etch experiences

On Jun 21 2005, Hans du Plooy wrote:
> Just wondering, anyone running Etch, what are your experiences so far?

It's working quite nicely here and the recent upgrades to ALSA, to debconf,
to some Gnome libraries (coming from the 2.10 branch, I think), easytag
1.99.5 and the availability of gcc-4.0 et are definitely worth it.

Oh, and gmailfs is working with the recent 2.6.12-mm1 kernel (got it to
work for the first time now).

So, I think that using etch is a Good Thing if you know how to deal with a
potentially broken system.

Hope this helps, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/