Re: Etch experiences

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 05:52:12PM +0200, Hans du Plooy wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Just wondering, anyone running Etch, what are your experiences so far?

So far it's been very similar to Sarge. I've noticed a change in the
default version of bash, a minor upgrade for ALSA, and the inclusion
of gcc4.0 as an option, but otherwise very little change.

> I'm getting my notebook back tomorrow, wondering what to put on it -
> shall I put on sid and live on the edge or try the etch?

There are going to be big changes soon. I'm inclined to use Etch for a
while, because big changes might mean big breakages in Sid. Once KDE
3.4.* and x.org are in Etch, I'l probably start tracking Sid again,
but at the moment I don't trust my own ability to fix possible
problems.

--
PJR :-)