Re: 8B2A Set Encode Error - Anyone??

>> I have been trying to figure this one out for a long time now.  When
>> using 'iwconfig' to enable the WEP key for my wireless adapter, I get
>> the following:
>>
>> 8B2A (Set Encode) - Operation not Supported
>>
>> Does anyone know what causes this message?  I found by searching
>> google that it is a common problem but I have not found a working
>> solution yet.
>>
>> I use ndis-wrapper, I tried their mailing list a while ago and never
>> heard back from them.  Not sure if this issue has to do with
>> ndis-wrapper, or some missing kernel option/module, or something else
>> entirely...
>>
>> Any help/advice would be hugely appreciated.
>>
>> Chris
>
>What commands are you executing? And, are you executing them as root?

Yes, I am running as root.  Sorry, I was incorrect in my first post,
it is "Invalid Argument", instead of "Operation not Supported". (see
below)

Here are some output examples of what I am trying to do:

[root@localhost chris]# iwlist encryption
lo        no encryption keys information.

eth0      no encryption keys information.

wlan0     2 key sizes : 40, 104bits
          4 keys available :
                [1]: off
                [2]: off
                [3]: off
                [4]: off
          Current Transmit Key: [0]
          Security mode:restricted

sit0      no encryption keys information.

[root@localhost chris]# iwconfig wlan0 key 0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-00
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.

[root@localhost chris]# iwconfig wlan0 enc 00000000000000000000000000
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.

[root@localhost chris]# ndiswrapper -l
Installed ndis drivers:
wg311v2 driver present, hardware present

[root@localhost chris]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
vfat                   14785  1
fat                    46177  1 vfat