Re: SoundCard Problem

En/La ankur.kumar@axa.com.au ha escrit, a 21/06/05 03:53:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Debian Sarge and trying to configure sound card, which is an
> integrated one with ASUS motherboard (ASUS
> SiS661FX/SiS963L/W697-P4S800MX (PGA 478)).
>
> Sound card:     SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
>
> I downloaded ALSA and configured it (using ./configure), but when doing
> "make" it says "ALSA is already in Linux Kernel".
>
> I don't know how can I configure ALSA in Debian now??
>
> Please help....
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ankur

Run
$lspci and see which audio controller you have. I have an asus board
also and my controller is:
0000:00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc.
VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 60)

As root, run alsaconf. Does it find your card? If you don't have
alsaconf you need to
#aptitude install alsa-utils
then run alsaconf. If all goes well then run
$alsamixer
and make sure the setting are to your liking.
If alsaconf can't find your card go to the Alsa Project drivers page and
make sure it's supported and which driver it needs.
Cheers,
Jonathan