Re: Nagios Problems

Hello Robert,

Robert Wolfe, 18.06.2005 (d.m.y):

> Hey all.  Just installed Nagios via apt-get install and am having the
> following problems when Nagios starts up:
>
> Error: Could not connect to PostgreSQL database '' on host '' using
> username '' and password 'XXXXXX'.  Status data will not be saved!
> Error: Could not connect to PostgreSQL database '' on host '' using
> username '' and password 'XXXXXX'.  Retention data will not be processed
> or saved!
> Error: Could not re-connect to database server on host '' for status data.
> I'll keep trying every 60 seconds...
> Error: Could not connect to PostgreSQL database '' on host '' using
> username '' and password 'XXXXXX' for comment data!
> Error: Could not connect to PostgreSQL database '' on host '' using
> username '' and password 'XXXXXX' for downtime data!
>
> Where do I go to set up the database information

Have you serached through Nagios' configuration files?

> and also, how can I tell
> if postgresql is even running?

apt-get install the corresponding pgsql packages, configure them and
make them work.
As I haven't yet worked with pgsql, I don't know how to get it
running. But I would take a look and the docs - and maybe that would
be the right thing for you to do, too... ;-)

Regards,
Christian

--
Christian Schmidt | Germany