Nagios Problems

Hey all. Just installed Nagios via apt-get install and am having the following problems when Nagios starts up:

Error: Could not connect to PostgreSQL database '' on host '' using username '' and password 'XXXXXX'. Status data will not be saved! Error: Could not connect to PostgreSQL database '' on host '' using username '' and password 'XXXXXX'. Retention data will not be processed or saved! Error: Could not re-connect to database server on host '' for status data. I'll keep trying every 60 seconds... Error: Could not connect to PostgreSQL database '' on host '' using username '' and password 'XXXXXX' for comment data! Error: Could not connect to PostgreSQL database '' on host '' using username '' and password 'XXXXXX' for downtime data!

Where do I go to set up the database information and also, how can I tell if postgresql is even running?