Re: USB cdr

Andy Streich:

> So how do I mount the cdr drive itself so I have some place to write to/read
> from?

Look at the last lines of dmesg after plugging the drive into a USB
port. It will tell you the device name of the drive.

You can then mount it just like any other device, for example if you
have /dev/sda:

# mount -t auto /dev/sda /mnt/cdrom

Writing is a different thing since you cannot simply copy files to the
mount point (at least you if you don't have set up packet writing). You
need cdrecord for this. Try

$ cdrecord -scanbus

to see whether cdrecord recognizes your drive.

There is no justice in road accidents.
[Agree]   [Disagree]