Re: Mondo Frustration

Robert S wrote:
How can I get mondo to work with a system that uses a floppy-based GRUB instead of a hard drive-based LILO? This is a rather important experiment for me, and I'm hoping I can get this worked out really soon.

I got mondo/mindi working after a lot of frunstration, by manually installing another (non-debian) version from http://www.sorcerer.mirrors.pair.com/sources/mindi

HTH.

I still use mondo 1.67 and its man mondoarchive says:

-l GRUB|LILO|RAW Specify the boot loader. By default, your Master Boot Record is examined and the boot loader can usually be discovered. If you specify RAW then the MBR will be backed up and restored byte-for-byte without any analysis. It is likely that you will also need to specify the boot device with -f <dev>.

But I guess that means a disk-based GRUB.