Re: Nagios CGI permissioning problem

Hello Martynas,

Martynas Brijunas, 14.06.2005 (d.m.y):

> on a clean Sarge installation I am trying to configure nagios-text.
> During the install it suggested to add the required settings to the
> Apache's config. However Nagios refuses to let me see any of the host
> details pages with the "CGI authorization error" message.
>
> I have read that this is a known problem with nagios on debian. I
> wonder if anyone has successfully resolved the issue. Any help would
> be much appreciated.

Have you created a user in the nagios htpasswd file that is provided
with provileges by corresponding entries in the cgi configuration
file?

I have, but I've been running into similar problems: It seems as if
the uid I'm using to authenticate via HTTP with doens't make it into
the nagios cgi.

Gruss,
Christian Schmidt

--