KDM Error - no screens found

Using AMD64 Unstable, Xorg and KDE 3.4.1 I have a problem with kdm when I first boot. kdm.log shows that the Nvidia driver is not loaded and no screens are found. The strange thing is if I try startx, of kill kdm and restart it, everything is fine.

dmesg shows that the nvidia driver is loaded just before kdm spits the error out so I'm a little confused. Could it be a timing thing where the driver is not fully loaded before kdm tries to use it?

As always your help is appreciated.

Wackojacko