Re: Re: Woody to sarge failure

The reported Bug #293667 in mailscanner is preventing a successful upgrade
from woody to sarge for me.

What I would suggest, and this is only a suggestion, is to remove the
package mailscanner, perform the dist-upgrade (I'd use apt, because I'm
more familiar with it). Then install mailscanner after the upgrade has
completed.

Sorry for slow response. I hate it when you don't find a solution /
workaround in a thread :-)

You were corrent but I had already tried uninstalling, I needed to go a stage
further and purge.
dpkg --purge mailscanner.
It seems the configuration files or something like that were a problem.

I did another box with exact same config which went much easier, well from a
package install point of view.
I had expected more problems as it had some stuff from testing (pre release)
already and the problematic first one was totally woody.

I'm Scared!