Re: Woody to sarge failure

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 11:28, Sh1t Scared wrote:
> The reported Bug #293667  in mailscanner is preventing a successful upgrade
> from woody to sarge for me.
>
> I get the following error when I perform either
> apt-get install mailscanner or
> aptitude -f --with-recommends dist-upgrade
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> /var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/preinst: line 22: db_get: command not found
> dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/mailscanner_4.41.3-2_all.deb
> (--unpack):
> subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 127
> /var/cache/apt/archives/mailscanner_4.41.3-2_all.deb
> I am left with 65 packages needing either upgrading or installling.
>
> Re-installing debconf made no difference.
> db_get does exists in /usr/share/debconf/confmodule
>
> I have tried remove and install.
>
> Not sure if its relevant I did have a problem with perl and had to "nudge"
> it to work.
> Any other suggestions?

What I would suggest, and this is only a suggestion, is to remove the
package mailscanner, perform the dist-upgrade (I'd use apt, because I'm
more familiar with it). Then install mailscanner after the upgrade has
completed. What I imagine is happening is that you are currently stuck
in a state where some packages are trying to be installed from sarge
when you have base packages still in woody.

--
 o)      Derek Wueppelmann                 (o
(D .       monkey@monkeynet.ca              D).