Is 'rename' missing or is it just me?

Hello,

I run Debian unstable. I noticed today that I don't have a 'rename' command in /usr/bin anymore, and /etc/alternatives/rename is a dangling symlink to /usr/bin/rename-5.005 (the current version of Perl in unstable is 5.8.7). Doing
  apt-get --reinstall install perl-base
  apt-get --reinstall install perl-modules
did not help. Is something broken in a Perl package right now? (*Which* Perl package, so I can report a bug?) Or have I just hosed my own rename?

Thanks,

Aarre

BTW, I noticed that the resolution of this 'bug':
may have involved a change to this area. Or not.

--
Aarre Laakso
http://www.laakshmi.com/aarre/