Re: .bash_profile not sourced on login

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 05:25:59PM -0400, Luis R Finotti wrote:
Dear all,

For some reason, my .bash_profile is not sourced on login. I tried different users, and all have the same problem. I'm running a very recent installation of Sarge (updated).

I Googled a little and looked at man pages from bash, but I could not find anything. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

If the things in your bash_profile are things you want run for every
interactive shell, then put them in .bashrc and they will be loaded for
all interactive shells rather than just login shells. If you just want
to run login shells all the time than some of the other suggestions in
this thread may work.

If this problem is occuring with login shells (I may have
misinterpreted), then I'm not sure what to do. Hopefully someone has the
answer.

--
Steve Block
http://ev-15.com/