Re: Damn! Updated system and grub is changed ???????

debian wrote:
How is this possible ??? Did the debian upgrade this ?
How can i change this back ?
This sucks!

It's probably because you have a stock kernel installed and the package upgrade for the new kernel has overwritten your /boot/grub/menu.lst.

The same happened to me, too, on my notebook. After upgrading, I noticed that I wasn't booting with vesa framebuffer anymore, so I checked menu.lst where you set the video mode, and my settings were all gone.

The kernel packager should really make a backup copy of the files he's overwriting, or at least echo a warning (I don't even use the stock kernel, it was merely installed for fallback reasons).

--
Matthias Kaeppler