Re: mplayer is unable to play some wmv files

kamaraju kusumanchi a écrit :
Usually, I can play .wmv files with mplayer. But it is not able to play certain wmv files, for reasons that I am unaware of. The image looks garbled up when I run mplayer. I have tried aviplay, xine, mplayer, kplayer and none of them work. I have already installed w32codecs. I am using Sid.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? The file is pretty big (0.5 gig) and proprietary, so I cannot host it on a public server. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Any ideas/suggestions are most welcome.

Maybe there's a drm on this file, it should appears green with garbage