Debian Sarge on Alienware/Sager laptop

Has anyone gotten Debian Sarge working on a recent Alienware or Sager notebook?
http://www.alienware.com/Product_Pages/notebook_small_bus.aspx
http://www.sagernotebook.com/pages/product_info.html

I'm wanted to buy a high end laptop and wanted to ensure Sarge worked on
the laptop before investing the money.  In the past we had a Area-51m 7700
that we had difficulties getting Fedora Core 2 working on;  I think
FC4 fixed it.  Perhaps since Sarge is newer it's fixed as well?  I can
recall linux was upset about the IDE controller in the Area-51m 7700.

Thanks.